2011 Press Releases
Trend Micro's Encryption and Key Management Solution for Cloud Environments Delivers New xSP and VMware vSphere Support
Cupertino, CA – July 12, 2011 – Trend Micro Inc. (TYO: 4704;TSE: 4704), a global cloud security leader, today announced that the company’s encryption service with policy-based key management – Trend Micro™ SecureCloud – has been expanded with a new offering designed for cloud service providers, as well as encryption optimized for VMware vSphere™ environments.
The latest version of Trend Micro SecureCloud:
- Allows service providers to implement an efficient and easy-to-use encryption service that helps keep sensitive data private and helps businesses meet their compliance requirements.
- Lets service providers expand customers’ access to a security suite without additional management or maintenance. SecureCloud can be hosted in a cloud provider’s environment as on-premise security add-on or incorporated as a Trend Micro managed encryption service designed to complement IaaS environments, which benefits both cloud users and providers.
- Offers encryption and key management services that give an advanced level of control over information in the cloud. Additionally, physically separating the encryption keys from the data and the service provider reduces liability while increasing segregation of duties.
- Enablesbusinesses to safely migrate applications and data to the cloud with protection against theft or unauthorized exposure through the integration of encryption, policy-based key management, and unique server validation.
- Helps support internal governance and ensure compliance with regulations like HIPAA, HITECH, Sarbanes-Oxley, GLB and PCI DSS.
Encryption service expands to protect both virtual and cloud environments
In addition to the service provider offering, SecureCloud is available as an enterprise appliance or as a Trend Micro hosted SaaS service. Regardless of the deployment model chosen, SecureCloud protects sensitive data stored in public, private and hybrid clouds. The product natively supports Eucalyptus and VMware vCloud environments, as well as leading public cloud providers like Amazon Web Services. SecureCloud has also expanded into the private data center and now supports VMware vSphere virtual environments.
Doug McMaster, vice president, data center services, NTT America, Inc.
“SecureCloud’s ability to protect data and efficiently manage encryption keys makes cloud computing even safer. This lets NTTA attract those highly security-conscience businesses to our enterprise cloud services,” said X from NTTA. And because Trend Micro hosts the keys, we don’t have to manage the key server, have no access to our customers’ encryption keys, and are free to focus on our core business of providing superior cloud services.”
John Maddison, executive GM of data center business, Trend Micro
“As more companies turn to cloud computing, we’re proud to introduce the latest version of SecureCloud that enables service providers to differentiate their services by including unparalleled security and control over data stored in the cloud. When service providers partner with Trend Micro, their customers build greater confidence about cloud data protection, and the service providers get an advantage over other, less secure providers.”
Pricing and Availability in North America
Delivered as a hosted service or as an on-premise software application, SecureCloud represents a robust solution for safeguarding information in the vSphereenabled data center, private clouds and Infrastructure-as-a-Service environments. The latest version, Trend Micro SecureCloud 1.2 is available on July 14. For pricing, please contact your Trend Micro sales representative.
- Visit the Trend Micro™ SecureCloud product page.
- Learn how Trend Micro can secure your journey to the cloud.
- Trend Micro CEO whitepaper, “A Brave New (Security) World”
- Individual whitepapers on Private, Public and Hybrid cloud.
- Visit our cloud security blog and join the dialogue on how the cloud is changing the way we do business..
About Trend Micro
Trend Micro Incorporated (TYO: 4704;TSE: 4704), a global cloud security leader, creates a world safe for exchanging digital information with its Internet content security and threat management solutions for businesses and consumers. A pioneer in server security with over 20 years’ experience, we deliver top-ranked client, server and cloud-based security that fits our customers’ and partners’ needs, stops new threats faster, and protects data in physical, virtualized and cloud environments. Powered by the industry-leading Trend Micro™ Smart Protection Network™ cloud security infrastructure, our products and services stop threats where they emerge – from the Internet. They are supported by 1,000+ threat intelligence experts around the globe.
Additional information about Trend Micro Incorporated and the products and services are available at Trend Micro.com This Trend Micro news release and other announcements are available at http://trendmicro.mediaroom.com/ and as part of an RSS feed at www.trendmicro.com/rss Or follow our news on Twitter at @TrendMicro.